Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Misleading Gap

     There is a gap between the person I am and the person I want you to see.  Filling this gap can be done in two ways: The first is for me to stretch who I am into the illusion of who I am projecting. I must keep up the facade, while I diligently work to build up substance behind the wall of pretension. This method leaves me empty and never satisfied with my life. My illusion thickens and hardens into a wall you'll never get through.
      The second way is for me to drop the illusion and let you see who I really am.  There's a mess back here; it's in total disarray.  I'm scared of what you'll think.  When I drop my illusion, to my surprise, it was also feeding yours. It seems we both have a mess on our hands. I'll get a shovel and you a rake.

No comments:

Post a Comment